Major release of BluePrint that introduces the ability to add 3D models to PCB drawings.
NEW 3D Viewport
A new viewport has been integrated that allows a user to visualize imported data as a 3D PCB.
- Full 3D rendering to depict artwork layers as well as construction layers complete with user defined material thicknesses and other attribute settings.
- Automatic component extrusion detects component outlines and with a height attribute either imported or manually added, creates a 3D component based on the outline shape
- PCB Model Mode toggle switches the view port to color the PCB by layer types (masks, screens, conductive, dielectric layers) as opposed to individual layer coloring which creates a more realistic depiction of the finished PCB.
- Full cameral and zoom control to easily pan around the design using either the mouse or ribbon menu commands
- Automatic conversion of negative data into positive data creates a WYSWG approach to visualize the negative data as it would appear in the finished PCB.
- Spread and Peel functions allow users to increase the spacing between top and bottom layers to explore inner layers and via/drill technologies or peel layers interactively to explore specific content.
- Cross section cutting along either X, Y, or Z planes for easier inspection of internal PCB features
3D PDF Export
3D objects are automatically detected and translated into Adobe 3D objects whether they are on 2D or 3D documents.
- User defined templating allows the user to create any document layout in BluePrint with all supporting nomenclature and export it to a PDF file
- New Parts List/PCB linking enables cross probing between a parts list table and the 3D PCB view
- New Scrolling noteblocks and partslist tables allows the user to place a noteblock or partslist in a specific area with a set size for displaying data. Users scroll through the document element to the desired entry.
- All 3D PCB Views are interactive when exporting to Adobe PDF giving the user of the document the ability to change camera angles or zoom levels as well as explore the design hierarchy.
NEW Stack Up Visualizer
A new interactive graphic oriented visualizer is provided that allows users to view the stack up in tablature, cross section and 3D.
- Drag and drop to interactively change layer orders represented by imported data to correctly depict which layers are stacked in which order
- Add construction materials and set attributes for each layer such as layer thickness or dielectric constant.
- Interactively define and view via spans and technologies including back- drills
- Extract the stack up design to verify with a chosen manufacturer or import a stack up definition set by a manufacturer
NEW 3D Document Elements
New document elements that support the 3D PCB model have been added to the tool pallets.
- 3D PCB View elements have been added to support full 3D PCB model or to view the PCB by a specific side (front/back/top/bottom). Users can change the view any time before publishing the document. User can show a full PCB assembly or just the bare board.
- Scrolling noteblocks allow users to place a noteblock with a defined size and location. When the document is published, those reading the documents simply scroll through the noteblock to find the desired entry
- Scrolling partslist allow users to place a partslist with a defined size and location. When the document is published, those reading the documents simply scroll through the noteblock to find the desired entry
- PCB/Partslist linking creates a dynamic link between the PCB view and parts list to select PCB items by selecting the corresponding entry in the partslist.
- 3D Stack up element places a 3D stack up complete with associated via technologies onto the drawing sheet.
NEW STEP Import
A new STEP file import interface has been implemented. This allows users to import any STEP file from any ECAD or MCAD source to either replace or supplement the DownStream rendered PCB.
- Drag and drop STEP files onto a drawing sheet in place of or along with BluePrint rendered 3D models.
- Change default view of STEP models by changing camera angles or zoom levels.
Enhanced 2D Graphics
The 2D viewport has been modified to support layer transparency as well as feature attributes.
- Colors can be set by PCB features when using intelligent design data to delineate routes, vias, text, etc., with a unique color assignment.
- Support for net and pin labels have been added when using intelligent design data such as ODB++ or IPC-2581.
- Support for Dcode and Drill labels when have been added when processing unintelligent Gerber and drill data.
New Common Data Base
A new database format has been implemented that makes any DownStream database created from any DownStream product compatible with any other DownStream product.
- Both Gerber & Drill and ODB++/IPC2581based project databases created in CAM350 or DFMStream can be opened in BluePrint for documentation purposes. Allowing customer to document using Gerber files if they choose.
- Any BluePrint documentation project can be opened in CAM350 or DFMStream for the purposes of analysis, data extraction, or design modification if the user chooses.
64 Bit platform support
BluePrint now runs natively on 64 bit platforms.